Brad Veazey, M.D.
Dr. Brad Veazey completed his undergraduate degree locally at West Texas A&M University in Canyon, TX. He received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical School in Houston and residency at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
Dr. Veazey is Board Certified by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and did a Fellowship in Orthopedic Surgery-Sports Medicine at the University of New Mexico Health Science Center.
He has served as Division Chief of Sports Medicine and Chief Resident in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. Dr. Veazey has been Medical Director of Team Rehab Sports at University Medical Center in Lubbock, TX and Team Physician at Texas Tech University and Lubbock Christian University.
Dr. Veazey is a member of several professional organizations, including:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Texas Orthopedic Association
- Lubbock-Garza County Medical Society
- Christian Medical and Dental Society
Dr. Veazey's research publications and presentations include:
- Femoral Component Sizing in Total Knee Replacement; Published: Orthopedics 2008; Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Israel Orthopedic Association in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Fractures with Finite Element Analysis; Presented at Annual Meeting of Orthopedic Research Society in Chicago, Illinois
- Techniques for Pelvic Fractures, Texas Tech University, Health Science Center in Lubbock, Texas
- Operative Techniques for Ankle Instability; Fracture Management in the Athlete; Presented at 3rd Annual Orthopedic Sports and Trauma Meeting in Whistler, British Columbia
- Evaluation of the Athlete with Shoulder Instability; Presented at the West Texas Sports Medicine Conferences in Lubbock, Texas
- Evaluation of the Athlete with Shoulder Instability; Presented at the 2nd Annual Department of Orthopedics Primary Care Conference in Lubbock, Texas
- YMCA/Kids, Inc., Youth Baseball/Football coach
- Habitat for Humanity, volunteer
- Good Neighbor Community Clinic, volunteer health provider
Dr. Veazey is married to Andi and they have two children.