T.M. (Toby) Risko, M.D.
Dr. Toby Risko attended school as an undergrad at the University of North Texas and received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical School in Houston. He completed his residency at Texas Tech University.
Dr. Risko is Board Certified by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and did an Orthopedic Trauma Fellowship at Washington University in St. Louis, MO. He specializes in Orthopedic trauma surgery, general Orthopedic surgery and joint reconstructive surgery. Dr. Risko has served as Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery as well as Chief of the Orthopedic Trauma Division at Texas Tech University - Health Science Center.
Dr. Risko's research and speaking engagements include:
- Locking Condylar Plate versus Blade for Distal Femur Fractures: A Randomized Control Trial. Risko, Stevens, Jenkins.
- Stress Riser affect of the DHS compared to the TFN: A Cadaveric Study. Stevens, Risko, Gill, Hashemyi.
- Bicondylar Tibial Plateau Fractures. Orthopedic Techniques. William Ricci, M.D., Timothy Risko, M.D.
- Gravity Stress View in Ankle Fractures. Bryan Gill, M.D., Timothy Risko, M.D. Published in Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
- Speaker: Garrison Institute for Aging – Joint Care of the Knee and Hip
- Texas Tech University Orthopedic Primary Care Conference, Lectures: Emergency Management of Pelvic Fractures; Acute Management of Lower Extremity Fractures; Splinting of Lower Extremities.
Dr. Risko's honors include:
- Member of OTA (Orthopedic Trauma Association) and the American Hip and Knee Society
- Member of Clinic Operation Committee at Panhandle Surgical Hospital 2015-2017
- Chief of Surgery at BSA Hospital 2013-2014
- Physician All Star, University Medical Center, Lubbock, Texas
- Southland Conference Honor Roll, Athletic Director's Honor Roll, Dean's List, Golden Key
- Scholarship Athlete, University of North Texas 1991-1993, All State Defensive End 1990
Dr. Risko is married to Tammy and they are the proud parents of twins, a boy and a girl.