Keith Bjork, M.D.
Dr. Bjork practices orthopedics specializing in Sports Medicine and joint reconstructive surgery. He is active on several hospital committees and serves on the medical staffs of all area hospitals. Dr. Bjork has been the Medical Director of High Plains Sports Medicine and Northwest Texas Sports Medicine of the two tertiary healthcare systems. He has served as medical director and co-medical director of the Amarillo semi-pro football team, hockey team, baseball team, Canyon High School Team Physician and other regional high school sports teams. Dr. Bjork was selected for the 2002 Olympics hockey team at Salt Lake City, Utah as team physician in orthopedic surgery. He is part of the teaching faculty of Texas Tech School of Medicine Health Sciences Center.
Dr. Bjork has several publications and presentations:
- Intra-medullar Fixation of forearm Fractures in Children
- The Rationale of the Non-operative Treatment of Scapula Fractures
- ECMO Pump Servoregulation
Dr. Bjork is a member of the following professional memberships:
- Texas Orthopedic Association
- Texas Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Alamo Orthopedic Society
- Potter-Randall County Medical Society
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Texas Society of Sports Medicine
Dr. Bjork enjoys golf, flying, reading automotive restoration, and “sports”. He is active in his church and community fund-raising for worthy civic projects.